EMERGENCY RESPONDERS ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (ERAP)
- Dr. Robbie Adler-Tapia – Psychologist, Author “One Badge – One Brain – One Life” Former Firefighter/EMT
- Dr. Denise Preuss, Psy.D., LCSW Spouse and Mother of LEO’s
- SGT Deputy (Retired) John France Peer Support Mentor Professional *Our Team are all CISM trained, but this is not a CISM training
DATES: February 4th & 5th, 2021
TIMES: Daily 8-5 with lunch and break
FORMAT: Virtual Training
Cost: $150.00 per registration.
Registration: EMERGENCY RESPONDERS ASSISTANCE PROGRAM, ERAPNA.ORG To register email: DWhiteaz@msn.com
Contact Us: Doug White, Executive Director 405-519-1861
PEER SUPPORT MENTOR TRAINING VIRTUAL FORMAT
THIS IS A VIRTUAL TRAINING AND WE WILL SEND ZOOM LOG-IN INFORMATION ONCE YOU HAVE REGISTERED
WHY OUR PEER SUPPORT TRAINING
This Peer Support Training Program develops peers who have experienced their own traumatic events while in the line of duty and know how to heal from what has happened to them and their families. This experience, wisdom, and the Peer Support Mentor Training makes our participants uniquely qualified to walk alongside and mentor other Emergency Responders.
As an ERAP Certified Peer Support Professional:
- Recognized as a Peer Support Professional for your agency.
- Assist your agency in the development and growth of your Peer Support Team.
- Assist your peers in need with the skills and knowledge you have developed in the area of overall mental fitness and wellness.
“The way to know where you’re going is to talk to those who are coming back”
COURAGE IS CONTAGIOUS: SHARING YOUR STORY CAN MAKE YOU SOMEONE ELSE’S SOURCE OF INSPIRATION Sgt. Laura Gibson, Ph.D. Scotland
Overview of Program
- Meet and Greet
- Introductions to Staff and Participants
- Introduction to training
- Self-assessment – Why am I here? Why do I want to be a PSMP?
- Staff Presentations
- Psychoeducational Presentations
Individual Practice providing Peer
- Support Mentoring
- Wrap Up
Regroup & Questions
- Continued presentations on advanced topics
- How to provide Peer Support Mentoring to Groups
- Group Practice
- Guided Meditation
- Closure and send-off